Boston, MA

Friday, May 31, 2013

EMERGENCY TRANSFERRED TO RHODE ISLAND

So, I'm writing this from a library in Westerly, Rhode Island. I am now a missionary for the teeniest branch in the mission.
Lets start from the beginning.
On Thursday Sister Packard came up with a house warming gift, I thought that she wouldn't stay long but after sitting down and starting with a prayer (this is serious) she discussed with us about how a sister in the mission is going home. We are in a trio, so one of us is more easily moved, and so she asked us what we thought we were capable of. President Packard was meeting with the President of the branch in Westerly, where the sister was leaving from, and also asking the Lord, but she wanted to know what we thought. I told her that the 4 wards could be handled by 2 very capable missionaries (I was thinking me...) and Sister F told her that Westerly NEEDED sisters (this is the area she JUST LEFT). When sister Packard left Sister F and I looked at each other:
Sister F, "Well my heart wants to go back."
Me, "I don't want to leave, I don't know how to do missionary work there."
I think that we both know what the Lord wants.
That night President called and asked for me, he told me that a Sister is leaving tomorrow, getting on a plane, and that he was asking me to take her place. I sunk to the floor but told him, "I'll go where the Lord wants me to go."
That next day I dropped off one of my favorite sisters at the airport, and she told us that she is coming back (I'M HOLDING YOU TO IT SISTER!) and drove back to pack up my stuff with my new companion. We stayed in Boston a day, helping out with some things, and then drove up on Saturday.
Sister C is my new companion :) She came out the same time as me, she is beautiful, sweet, funny, and capable. She is a wonderful missionary with an awesome spirit, she loves the people here and she is just so kind. I already love her.
This area is beautiful! The towns are so cute and so New England. I honestly love it already.
l was so scared coming in, and I'm still adjusting. I came from 4 wards with 600 people, using public transportation, city life, single people. I had never been in a family ward, never used a car, never had one ward to deal with, never been out of the city.
This place is wonderful though, my fears have lessened, and I love the people already. The Branch is adorable. About 45 members, including little kids, that meet in a very large house on an island called Mason's Island. It looks out over the ocean and is probably the most perfect place I've ever seen. I've never sat in sacrament meeting overlooking the ocean. It's beautiful. We have so much work to do! We are working to reactivate, and to convert. We want to grow our little Branch, and the Lord knows that we can do it.
Yesterday we spent all day with an older couple, visiting less active people and eating with them. It was so relaxing and wonderful. I love the people here already, and I can't wait to do everything I can to help them.
here is my new address!
14 Potter Hill Rd R2
Westerly, Rhode Island 02891
I love you all! Pray for me! This is a new adventure!

No comments:

Post a Comment