Boston, MA

Friday, May 31, 2013

Transfers, moving, and a Trio

UPDATES!
Even though it has only been a couple days, here are the new things!
 
1. I'm in a Trio now with Sister Ford and Sister Jordan. Sister Ford is great already, and we will be able to do more work with 3 sisters than we would be able to do with 2. The 4 ward thing is a tad overwhelming, lets look at our average sunday to explain the trickiness of the situation:
7:30 Ward Council LP1
8:15 Ward Council LP2
9:00 Sacrament Meeting for LP1, Relief Society for LP2
10:00 Combined Sunday School for LP1 and LP2, Ward coordination for CRW
11:00 Relief Society LP1, Sacrament Meeting LP2, Ward Council CRW
12:00 Munch'n'mingle LP1 and LP2
12:30 Sacrament Meeting CRW, Ward Coordination UW, Ward Coordination LP1
1:00 Ward Coordination LP2
1:30 Gospel Essentials CRW
.....
Okay I'm tired of this excercise, but you get the point, this goes on until 6:00 and then we usually go to a dinner appointment afterward... CRAZINESS.
Sister Ford took the sacrament 4 times yesterday, I went to relief society twice, we went to more meetings than most people go to in a week, and all on a usual Sunday. Whoo.
The Trio will take a little while to adjust to, but I think overall we are happy... but I guess I can only say with surety that I am happy! :)
2. We moved into our new place! It is AMAZING! Our last place was dark, dingy, small, moldy, humid, and horrible. So I thought we would move up to a dingy, small, dark place that doesn't have mold but is still just a 'whatever' apartment. Our new place is beautiful! It is pretty much half of a house, windows everywhere, fireplace, awesome woodwork with beamed ceiling, large kitchen, two bedrooms, a living room, dining room, a basement (with a washer and dryer!), a screened porch, and a backyard with a beautiful magnolia tree! It has made me so so happy! We aren't entirely moved in but we are working on it and I feel so much healthier already. It's glorious.
3. We taught a lesson on Friday that unexpectedly went really great! She said that just that morning she had had the exact question that we wanted to address. We had planned this lesson 3 weeks ago and had tons of things come up (bombing) that had prevented us from actually giving it until Friday... but it was just what she needed! She even cried and she committed to being better about reading her scriptures. It was an answer to my prayers, because our planning that morning had been a little rough with the new trio and the district meeting that day.
4. We went to the Charles River Cleanup on Saturday and it felt good to rid the river of all that trash! We had many bags fill up and the River looked great :) It was a nice opportunity for community service and I enjoyed working with the members and helping the city.
5. There were so many visitors in University Ward! Aubrey was giving her farewell talk and she invited a lot of people... who actually came! It was really awesome to see these people learn more and maybe one day we will one of them! One of our investigators who is friends with her came, and we think that she had a good experience.
6. I gave my first talk on my mission on Sunday. It didn't go as well as planned... because I was supposed to give it last Sunday, then Sister J went over her time limit, so they bumped me to this week. So I just kept the talk that I had written and planned on giving it yesterday. But when the day actually arrived, I forgot to bring the notebook that I had written it in. So I sat up on the stand and wrote what I remembered it being down during the opening hymn. I was so happy that the Lord blessed me with remembrance! I think that it went pretty well considering.
 
I think that's all! Sorry about ending on 6, that is sort of awkward.
Today should be a fun p-day, and I'm sorry about the lack of pictures, but I really haven't taken very many! I'll put some up next week! Promise.
 
Love, Sister HRP

No comments:

Post a Comment